Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shakey's Pizza in Northridge

Back again!

We went to Shakey's Pizza in Northridge today. It's located in a small strip mall on Reseda Boulevard. I'm not sure when it was built, but it has the atmosphere of the one I remember going to in Goleta when I was a kid. It had the "Old Time" Shakey's motif complete with a fireplace, player piano, signs on the walls, and stained glass lights (the light was a bit dim). The restaurant was a bit run down, but that's how I remember the one in Goleta. They had a reasonably priced all-you-can-eat deal that included pizza, chicken, "mojo" potatoes and included salads and drinks. We didn't eat that much, but some of the customers were getting their money's worth...

After lunch we went to the Northridge mall for a bit and stopped by the Sugoi Life store (cool Japanese stuff). They hadn't received the re-ment (miniature models of stuff) that Deane was waiting for, but we bought a few things, including some interesting erasers to send my sister in England.

On the way home on the 118 we visited the Somis nut house to replenish our nut supply - Hazelnuts, Walnuts and Brazil nuts! They had some new retro T-shirts, but we didn't buy any - might get one later though.

1 comment:

  1. Erasers? For me? Whoo hoo!

    You know, I still want to giggle when they ask me for a rubber...

    ReplyDelete